Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Johannes Fahrenkrug <jf...@gebeco.de> on 2004/04/13 10:22:46 UTC

I18n/translation of the the SVN book: I want to help!

Hi,

well, the topic says it all: I want to participate in translating the
svn book and I'm also interested in helping with the I18n of
subversion. Who is coordinating these efforts?

Cheers,

Johannes.

Re: I18n/translation of the the SVN book: I want to help!

Posted by "Brian W. Fitzpatrick" <fi...@red-bean.com>.
On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 05:22, Johannes Fahrenkrug wrote:

> well, the topic says it all: I want to participate in translating the
> svn book and I'm also interested in helping with the I18n of
> subversion. Who is coordinating these efforts?

There's no one coordinating the efforts, per se... basically, I would
start by posting here that you're planning on starting a translation
into __foo__ language, and ask if anyone's started it.  Then start
translating and post patches to the list.  I would consider duplicating
what you see under http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/doc/book/
and start translating the xml files one at a time.  See

http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/doc/translations/russian/

for what looks like the beginnings of a Russion translation setup.

-Fitz