Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org> on 2006/09/01 14:32:44 UTC

[DRAFT] Board Report for September 2006

Hey,
We need to submit a quarterly report to the Board this month.  I've
put together a first draft below.  Comments and edits are welcome:
we've got a while before we have to submit this (the Board meeting is
September 20th, so let's stick the comments deadline somewhere in the
middle, September 10th.

Yoav

Attachment [TBD]: Status report for the Apache Tomcat Project
- We have no issues that require attention from the Board at this time

Development:
- Continued work on Tomcat 6.0 development: we expect to have release
6.0.0 ready roughly at the same time that Servlet Specification v2.5
and JSP Specification v2.1 are finalized.  No change here since
previous Board report.
- Much work has been done on the mod_jk connector, improving
reliability, performance, and monitoring options for httpd / mod_jk
administrators.  It's been great to see the increased level of energy
and enthusiasm around the connectors, and the new connector releases
have been getting pre-release testing from a number of committers on
various platforms.
- We're also diversifying release managers: Mark Thomas is the current
release manager for Tomcat 4.x, Filip Hanik for Tomcat 5.x, and Remy
Maucherat for 6.x.

Releases:
- mod_jk 1.2.17 and 1.2.18 were released.  1.2.18 is currently the
stable release (it was put out on July 20th).  mod_jk 1.2.19 is in the
works, expected to release in September.
- Tomcat 4.1.34 is being voted on right now, with expected final
release next week.  This is a bug fix, documentation update, and
limited back-porting of features release.
- Tomcat 5.5.18 is also in the middle of its release process, with
expected release in the next two weeks.  Tomcat 5.5.17 is still the
latest stable Tomcat release.

People:
- No changes since last Board report.

Re: [DRAFT] Board Report for September 2006

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
Yoav Shapira wrote:
> Hey,
> We need to submit a quarterly report to the Board this month.

+1

I would like to copy the connectors/jni to tc6.0.x/native
that is already present as the placeholder.
Well, except the java part, cause it is within
tc6.0.x/java/org/apache/tomcat/jni already.

Further development will happen there only, and the current
one in the connectors will be kept as maintenance placeholder
for 5.5.x versions. This is scheduled for September also.

One note JK 1.2.19 should be released in the first half
of September.

Regards,
Mladen.

Re: [DRAFT] Board Report for September 2006

Posted by Peter Rossbach <pr...@objektpark.de>.
+1

fine :-)
Peter

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
looking good

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Yoav Shapira wrote:
> OK, submitting now.

+1.

Rémy

Re: [DRAFT] Board Report for September 2006

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
OK, submitting now.

Yoav

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
+1 and thanks.

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.

Posted by Ian Darwin <ia...@darwinsys.com>.
>> Releases:
>> - mod_jk 1.2.17 and 1.2.18 were released.  1.2.18 is currently the
>> stable release (it was put out on July 20th).  mod_jk 1.2.19 is in the
>> works, expected to release in September.
>> - Tomcat 4.1.34 is being voted on right now, with expected final
>> release next week.  This is a bug fix, documentation update, and
>> limited back-porting of features release.

That just got approved...

Posted by hamood rehman <ha...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.