Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/02 06:42:45 UTC

Camel 2.0 API - Proposal of new support package to fix bad tangles

Hi

I am using Structure 101 to view the Camel API and have found some hot
spots to clear.
- DataFormatType was implementing DataFormat (fixed)
- SPI had a bad tangle (fixed)
- Language had a bad tangle (fixed)

However we do have some support classes (abstract base classes) in
camel.impl that are reused outside .impl.
Currently its mostly the ExpressionAdapter to assist impl. Expression.

I would like to propose a new package in Camel for such common
classes. As the util package is a kinda mixed up package currently
    org.apache.camel.support

And we can move:
  ExpressionAdapter
  ExpressionSupport
  PredicateSupport

That are most likely to be used outside camel.impl in eg. processor,
language, builder and other packages where Expression/Preidcates is
also highly used.

Any thoughts?

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/

Re: Camel 2.0 API - Proposal of new support package to fix bad tangles

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 12:22 PM, James Strachan
<ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Cool - I was gonna suggest putting some of the adapter classes into
> the SPI package as a place for folks extending Camel to put things? No
> biggie though, seems the issue is resolved now.
Yeah they are in util now. Not the best "home" I think.
But the response didnt come in, in fact one wasnt in favor of a new package.

However I would still consider a support package for Camel related types.
And a plain util for JDK core type helpers, such as String
manipulation, File IO, and whatelse.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi