Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Randy Layman <ra...@aswethink.com> on 2001/12/12 18:01:57 UTC

RE: Weird Tomcat 4.0 class exception?

	Its also useful to note that classes outside of a package must be
imported explicitly - each class has to be named and you can't use any *'s
to pick all of the unpackaged classes.

	Randy

Re: This is unbelievably Hard, please help!!!

Posted by Jeff Kilbride <je...@kilbride.com>.
Hi Brandon,

I recommend that you use the mod_jk from the 3.3 distribution. I'm not sure
if all the bug fixes have been back-ported to the 3.2.x version. Also, the
3.3 version lets you restart Tomcat without having to restart Apache.

Anyway, download the 3.3 bundle (jakarta-tomcat-3.3-src.tar.gz) from:

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat/release/v3.3/src/

gunzip and untar it and then cd to the src/native/mod_jk/apache1.3
directory. Copy the "Makefile.linux" to "Makefile" and then type "make".
Took about 10 seconds to compile on my stock RedHat 7.1 installation. Copy
the resulting "mod_jk.so" to your apache libexec directory and you should be
set.

Thanks,
--jeff

Posted by Denny Chambers <dc...@snapserver.com>.
Which mod_jk module did you download? I will try it on my Redhat 7.1
machine. I have gotten Tomcat 4.0.1/Apache 1.3.20/mod_webapp.so to all
compile and work together.

Brandon Cruz wrote:

> I am trying to compile mod_jk.c on linux redhat 7.1.  I seem to have gotten
> the file to compile after making some changes in mod_jk.c, the resulting
> mod_jk.so is 18000 bytes.  Apache will not start when using this file.  I am
> using the tomcat 3.2.4 documentation to compile.  I see that there is a
> Makefile.linux in the directory, but this does not work either.  Is there
> anyone that can help me to accomplish this task?  I am stuck and have been
> working on it forever!!!

Denny Chambers
Quantum Corporation, Inc.
Network Attached Storage Division
Java Linux Engineer
Phone: 334-478-5730
IM: bugfixer@jabber.org

This is unbelievably Hard, please help!!!

Posted by Shashi Dookhee <do...@trafficproximity.com>.

Okay, problem solved...

<%@ page import="SomeBean" %>

...  fixes the problem.

This didnt apply under Tomcat 3.x...  Very odd!

Thanks!

Shashi Dookhee
Head of IT Infrastructure

e-mail:  dookhee.s@trafficproximity.com
Telephone (Direct Line):        +44 (0)20 7298 8222

=========