Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Mark Hahn <ma...@hahnca.com> on 2011/12/30 07:55:35 UTC

why isn't couch part of hadoop?

I noticed the rather large number of apache data solutions in hadoop and I
am curious why couchdb isn't included.  Just curious.

Re: why isn't couch part of hadoop?

Posted by Mark Hahn <ma...@hahnca.com>.
Ah.  I didn't realize it was a Java thingie.  Thanks.

Posted by Andrey Cherkashin <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrey Cherkashin <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benjamin Campbell <be...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 2:44 PM, Gauthier, Alexander <
Alexander.Gauthier@teradata.com> wrote:

> Good question... been asking myself the same... but with UnQL in the
> pipeline, one wonders if SQL Lite/CouchDB/MongoDB may not just take a life
> of their own...
> couch

Since the CouchDB is a restful interface, I don't see whey someone couldn't
write an abstraction in Java to allow CouchDB interaction. It would seem
like overkill running a map/reduce and calling secondary map/reduce jobs.
But I could see conf/meta information being a good candidate for CouchDB
while using Hadoop.

--
Ben Campbell <be...@gmail.com>

RE: why isn't couch part of hadoop?