Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> on 2007/08/10 02:29:07 UTC

Re: Menu/pages-problem with defaults

On Jul 25, 2007, at 1:41 AM, cgaeking wrote:

> Hello,
> following situation:
> I have the following /pages – structure:
> /pages/
>        folder.metadata – contains:
>             …<menu options="/" name="top">
>                <options regexp="true">/*</options>
>             </menu>…
> /pages/admin/
>              folder.metadata – contains “<default-page>one</default-
> page>
>              logs.psml
> /pages/admin/one/
>                  folder.metadata
>                  data.psml
> /pages/admin/two/
>                  folder.metadata
>                  two.psml
>

> The administrators can see the menu “admin” with the two submenus
> “one” and
> “two” as well as the link to logs.psml; the submenu “one” is being
> selected
> as default.
>
> I created another user “foo” and a role which only allows this user
> to see
> two.psml.
>
> The user “foo” cannot see his submenu “two” as long as it is not
> set as
> default-page! The problem is that I cannot set default-page to the
> folder
> “two” especially for a defined role. Although when he enters
> “http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal/two” the submenu suddenly
> appears.
> Any help would be very appreciated!

If you using the default decorator (tigris) it will not look for
folders and put them in the menu

#set($pagesStandardMenu = $site.getMenu("pages"))

as the pages menu is defined to only look for pages

Perhaps this might work in your decorator

#set($pagesStandardMenu = $site.getMenu("top"))

also see

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-menus-declarative-
psml.html