Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Age Mooy <am...@home.nl> on 2001/09/20 14:37:56 UTC

Can jakarta-turbine-2 cvs HEAD be used in a TDK app ?

Hi,

I just replaced the turbine-2.1.jar in my tdk app with the turbine-2.2b1 jar compiled from cvs HEAD (to use
some of the Torque improvements) and I got some weird exceptions during turbine the init process:

Horrible Exception: java.lang.LinkageError: duplicate class definition:
org/apache/turbine/services/rundata/DefaultTurbineRunData

Horrible Exception: java.lang.LinkageError: duplicate class definition:
org/apache/turbine/util/parser/DefaultParameterParser

After the first try I only got the one on DefaultTurbineRunData, the second time I got both.

Just going on the stacktraces I would guess these classes had already been loaded into the classloader... but
I removed my old turbine-2.1.jar file from the lib dir of my webapp and there is no other turbine archive in
my classpath. What could cause this ?

Age

PS
Any idea on when we can expect a 2.2 release ?

Correction

Posted by Age Mooy <am...@home.nl>.
Correction and apologies.

My problems don't have anything to do with 2.2 vs 2.1

The exceptions I reported seem to have been caused by my use of an index.html file that loads a frameset with
two Turbine frames. Apparently Turbine freaks out when you try to load two frames at the same time when it
isn't initialized yet... is this a know bug ?

Age

Re: Can jakarta-turbine-2 cvs HEAD be used in a TDK app ?

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 9/20/01 5:37 AM, "Age Mooy" <am...@home.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just replaced the turbine-2.1.jar in my tdk app with the turbine-2.2b1 jar
> compiled from cvs HEAD (to use
> some of the Torque improvements) and I got some weird exceptions during
> turbine the init process:
>
> Horrible Exception: java.lang.LinkageError: duplicate class definition:
> org/apache/turbine/services/rundata/DefaultTurbineRunData
>
> Horrible Exception: java.lang.LinkageError: duplicate class definition:
> org/apache/turbine/util/parser/DefaultParameterParser
>
> After the first try I only got the one on DefaultTurbineRunData, the second
> time I got both.
>
> Just going on the stacktraces I would guess these classes had already been
> loaded into the classloader... but
> I removed my old turbine-2.1.jar file from the lib dir of my webapp and there
> is no other turbine archive in
> my classpath. What could cause this ?

You need to recompile your java code against the new turbine.jar

-jon