Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Flocken, Holger (C&I EMEA ISG)" <ho...@hp.com> on 2005/09/13 10:36:28 UTC

Passing Parameters

Hi everybody,

I'm currently trying to implement a web service with Axis and I'm
struggling with passing the parameters to Axis from a URL. The URL
calling the Web Service looks as follows:

/GIRG_WS/services/GIRGWebService?method=requestNewUir&ut=ut1&as=as1&ec=e
c1&an=an1&stat=I

The WSDL for this call can be found below and the function in Java is
defined as public int requestNewUir(String ut, String as, String ec,
String an, StringHolder stat).

What now happens is that the parameters seem to be passed in random
order to the variables in my java code, e.g. that ut contains "as1"
instead of "ut1". Any hints what is going wrong here? Thanks in advance
for your help!

Best regards,
  Holger Flocken

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wsdl:definitions
targetNamespace="http://127.0.0.1:8080/GIRG_WS/services/GIRGWebService"
xmlns:apachesoap="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap"
xmlns:impl="http://127.0.0.1:8080/GIRG_WS/services/GIRGWebService"
xmlns:intf="http://127.0.0.1:8080/GIRG_WS/services/GIRGWebService"
xmlns:tns1="http://DHL" xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"
<!--WSDL created by Apache Axis version: 1.2.1
Built on Jun 14, 2005 (09:15:57 EDT)-->
 <wsdl:types>
  <schema elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="http://DHL"
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
   <element name="requestNewUir">
    <complexType>
     <sequence>
      <element name="ut" type="xsd:string"/>
      <element name="as" type="xsd:string"/>
      <element name="ec" type="xsd:string"/>
      <element name="an" type="xsd:string"/>
      <element name="stat" type="xsd:string"/>
     </sequence>
    </complexType>
   </element>
   <element name="requestNewUirResponse">
    <complexType>
     <sequence>
      <element name="requestNewUirReturn" type="xsd:int"/>
     </sequence>
    </complexType>
   </element>
   <element name="updateStatus">
    <complexType>
     <sequence>
      <element name="uir" type="xsd:int"/>
      <element name="status" type="xsd:string"/>
     </sequence>
    </complexType>
   </element>
   <element name="updateStatusResponse">
    <complexType>
     <sequence>
      <element name="updateStatusReturn" type="xsd:int"/>
     </sequence>
    </complexType>
   </element>

RE: Passing Parameters

Posted by Jean-Marc Herzet <je...@nrb.be>.
Hello,
I have the same problem !
It seems that the parameters are passed in reverse order...in my case

JMH