Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Scott Came <Sc...@PSSG.com> on 2001/09/17 21:59:40 UTC

Hello, and an issue

Hello axis-dev'ers.

Thanks very much to all of you working on Axis.  My work as a consultant
these days is leaning ever more in the web services direction...at least
that's where I'm trying to lead my clients!!  I've also been doing Java
full-time for about four years, and would certainly like to see a reliable
Java SOAP implementation.  Looks like you all are well on the way.  I've
used Apache SOAP and appreciate the improvements you're aiming at with Axis.

I am currently in the process of reviewing the Axis source, just to learn
more about the project.  I may be in a position to assist on the project in
some way...perhaps starting with docs or something.  I'd like to get a good
understanding of the codebase first, then perhaps ask how I might best
contribute.

Now for my issue...  I have successfully checked out the source, and run the
"compile" and "dist" targets in build.xml.  I get successful builds on both.
Following the install guide, I copied the axis-1_0/webapps/axis directory to
[tomcat-home]/webapps, and copied my xerces 1.4.3 jar file into the axis
webapp's lib directory.  I can hit the axis servlet just fine
(http://localhost/axis/servlet/AdminServlet).  However, when I try to deploy
the echo sample using this (executed from axis-1_0\samples\echo):

java -cp
c:\xerces-1.4.3\xerces.jar;..\..\lib\axis.jar;..\..\lib\log4j-core.jar
org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient
-lhttp://localhost/axis/servlet/AxisServlet deploy.xml

I get this on stdout/stderr:

Processing file: deploy.xml
<ns1:Fault xmlns:ns1="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
   <ns1:faultcode
xmlns:ns4="http://xml.apache.org/axis/">ns4:Server.NoService</ns1:faultcode>
   <ns1:faultstring>The Axis engine couldn't find a target service to
invoke! targetService is AdminService</ns1:faultstring>
  </ns1:Fault>

I searched the mailing list archives and google, to no avail.  Apologies if
this is a newbie question that's documented somewhere.  Can anyone help?

I'm running tomcat 3.2.2, Ant 1.4, Xerces 1.4.3, JDK 1.3.1...all on Win2K.

TIA and best regards,
--Scott

Scott Came
Senior Managing Consultant
Logical eBusiness Solutions (formerly PSSG)
scott.came@us.logical.com
www.logical-nw.com
(360) 491-7774

AW: Hello, and an issue

Posted by "Christoph C . Cemper @ Cemper.com" <ch...@cemper.com>.
Hello, and an issueGlen, Scott,

I got the same problems with the build of yesternight...

What I see is:

a) JWS-file is not compiled
b) Server-Config.XML is not re-created, sames for axis.properties

All I did is just put the new JARs into the lib-dir, everything else kept
unchanged...

mfg / kind regards,
Christoph C. Cemper

email:    mailto:Christoph@Cemper.com
  www:    http://Christoph.Cemper.com

RE: Hello, and an issue

Posted by Brandon Rife <br...@home.com>.
For what its worth, I'm experiencing the same thing - with my own
classes and the samples.