Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Gordon Sullivan <go...@gortek.com> on 2002/11/16 14:46:24 UTC

Subject Line Rewrite

Hi all,

I think the mailing lists for subversion
would be much nicer if the Subject line had
the string [svn] prepended to the original
subject.

I don't know if the ezmlm mailing list software
being used supports this kind of functionality
but I know that Mailman does.

http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman.html

Please, please, oh please into this.  This way I
can set up a filter rule to move all messages
with a subject containing [svn] to my Subversion
folder.  Neat and easy.

Thank you,

Gordon Sullivan

Re: Subject Line Rewrite

Posted by Paul Lussier <pl...@lanminds.com>.
In a message dated: 17 Nov 2002 15:26:52 CST
Karl Fogel said:

>Why don't you just filter on the From field or some other header?
>There are plenty to choose from.
>
>If it helps, here is the regexp I use, from my .gnus file:
>
>     ("mail.subversion"
>      "\\(^From\\|^To\\|^[Cc][Cc]\\):.*\\(dev\\|announce\\)@.*subversion")

And I use this for procmail:

	* ^(TO|From|Cc).*(subversion.tigris.org)

Works like a charm.

Actually, I find the [ mlist name ] annoying, since it adds extra
characters to the subj line (and no real value), which means the
ends of the real subject move off the right side of my mail client window.

--

Seeya,
Paul

Re: Subject Line Rewrite

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net>.
Why don't you just filter on the From field or some other header?
There are plenty to choose from.

If it helps, here is the regexp I use, from my .gnus file:

     ("mail.subversion"
      "\\(^From\\|^To\\|^[Cc][Cc]\\):.*\\(dev\\|announce\\)@.*subversion")

-Karl

Re: Subject Line Rewrite

Posted by Craig Peterein <cr...@peterein.org>.
On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 09:46:24AM -0500, Gordon Sullivan wrote:
> I think the mailing lists for subversion
> would be much nicer if the Subject line had
> the string [svn] prepended to the original
> subject.

All emails to this list have the list-post header set.  Try filtering on that.
list-post: <ma...@subversion.tigris.org>

Craig