Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Amy Roh <am...@apache.org> on 2003/04/01 03:34:09 UTC

TC5 Servlet unavailable error

It seems like when context is stopped and restarted, servlet always
returns "unavailable".  You can generate an error by saving your changes
in admin by "commit".  Then any process after that returns admin servlet
unavailalbe.

Mar 31, 2003 4:48:29 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
INFO: Servlet admin.login_jsp is currently unavailable

Amy

Re: TC5 Servlet unavailable error

Posted by Amy Roh <am...@apache.org>.

Costin Manolache wrote:

>>>I tought I fixed it. Are you doing stop/destroy/init/start or just
>>>stop/start ?
>>
>>I'm not manually doing anything.  When I commit my changes in admin, I
>>think the admin context gets restarted and the application is set to
>>unavailable
>>right away.  Therefore any consequent requests fail.
>

> I'll try to fix it - probably moving the unregister/register from destroy
> to stop will do it.
>
> Or maybe we can send a notification "context reloading" and have the mapper
> reset its data ?

I'm not sure.  Are you able to reproduce it?

Posted by Costin Manolache <cm...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Amy Roh <am...@apache.org>.

Posted by Costin Manolache <cm...@yahoo.com>.