Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Raja Nagendra Kumar <Na...@tejasoft.com> on 2010/06/04 13:31:50 UTC

JavaDoc and API matching issue

Hi

On reference to task definition of FileList, I see there are only two
attributes dir and files. However, below it talks about id and refid too.

http://ant.apache.org/manual/Types/filelist.html

In the API I don't see any setId() method at all and setRefid() method is
deprecated.

I am looking for setId() method to use it in my custom ant task.

The api I am using is in package org.apache.tools.ant.types.FileList;

Could any one help where is the gap pl.

Regards,
Raja Nagendra Kumar,
C.T.O
www.tejasoft.com

Re: JavaDoc and API matching issue

Posted by Raja Nagendra Kumar <Na...@tejasoft.com>.
Thank you.

Re: JavaDoc and API matching issue

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2010-06-04, Raja Nagendra Kumar wrote:

> In the API I don't see any setId() method at all

This is normal since id handling happens inside of Ant's core
(RuntimeConfigurable) and not at the task level.

> and setRefid() method is deprecated.

You must be looking at a different codebase than me.  FileList#setRefid
is not deprecated in trunk.

> I am looking for setId() method to use it in my custom ant task.

That would be

     getProject().addReference(THE_ID, THE_FILELIST)

Stefan