Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Rajesh Ravindran <ra...@gmail.com> on 2004/08/25 13:25:53 UTC

Is env-entry-value tag in web.xml not supported

Hi all,
 I was trying to deploy an application which has env-entry-value tags
in its web.xml. I got the following exception on deploying.

org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: Invalid deployment descriptor:
[error: Element not allowed:
env-entry-value@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee in element
env-entry@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee, error: Element not allowed:
env-entry-value@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee in element
env-entry@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee, error: Element not allowed:
env-entry-value@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee in element
env-entry@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee]

When i commented these tags, this exception disappeared. Could anyone
tell me, what the problem is.

Thanks in advance

Rajesh Ravindran

Re: Is env-entry-value tag in web.xml not supported

Posted by Rajesh Ravindran <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Gianny. But right now , i am facing another problem. I was
trying to deploy petstore (trying to see what problems I might face
doing that). And its gives an exception during deployment

org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentException: Unable to create
EJB jndi environment: ejbNameTheCustomer

Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentException: Home
interface class not found:

The corresponding ejb-jar.xml snippet:

      <ejb-name>TheCustomer</ejb-name>
      <home>com.sun.j2ee.blueprints.customer.customer.ejb.CustomerHome</home>
      <remote>com.sun.j2ee.blueprints.customer.customer.ejb.Customer</remote>
      <ejb-class>com.sun.j2ee.blueprints.customer.customer.ejb.CustomerEJB</ejb-class>

The home interface is part of the customerEjb.jar

Could you tell me what's wrong here, & how i can repair it

Thanks
Rajesh

Re: Is env-entry-value tag in web.xml not supported

Posted by Gianny Damour <gi...@optusnet.com.au>.
On 25/08/2004 9:25 PM, Rajesh Ravindran wrote:

>Hi all,
> I was trying to deploy an application which has env-entry-value tags
>in its web.xml. I got the following exception on deploying.
>
>org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: Invalid deployment descriptor:
>[error: Element not allowed:
>env-entry-value@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee in element
>env-entry@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee, error: Element not allowed:
>env-entry-value@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee in element
>env-entry@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee, error: Element not allowed:
>env-entry-value@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee in element
>env-entry@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee]
>
>When i commented these tags, this exception disappeared. Could anyone
>tell me, what the problem is.

<env-entry-value> is supported. I am pretty sure that it is misplaced
inside <env-entry>. Try this order:

    <env-entry>
        <env-entry-name>envEntry</env-entry-name>
        <env-entry-value>My EnvEntry</env-entry-value>
        <env-entry-type>java.lang.String</env-entry-type>
    </env-entry>

Thanks,
Gianny