Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Irene Huang <ih...@acegain.com> on 2002/03/28 04:10:19 UTC

IFrame?

Hello,

I was trying to customize the default layout in
"<jetspeed-home>/WEB-INF/templates/vm/layouts/html/default.vm
There were posting about using "IFrame", the "target" attribute will
work with "IFrame" so that I can place the search results in the frame
desired.
However, $screen_placeholder didn't work anymore. The html souce will
show all the portles code, but it didn't show on the browser.
Any idea?
Is there other way to display results within desired portlets/frames without
override the whole screen?

Regards,

Irene

Re: User and its PSML file

Posted by Chris Kimpton <ki...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

--- Louie Lansang <la...@attbi.com> wrote:
> I've looked at the JLoginUser class and still can't figure out how
> a User
> grabs its own default.psml file. What I really want to do is read a
> specific
> default.psml (say turbine user's psml) from the file system and use
> that for
> any User that's logged in. In other words, I want to use the same
> psml file
> for any User.
>
> Note: my Users won't be registered in the Jetspeed/Turbine tables
> or file
> system to begin with.  Should I just read the anonymous User's
> psml? How do
> I read a psml file programmatically?

I am not sure what you really require - if your users won't be
registered with Jetspeed/Turbine, then the anon route seems to be the
way to go.

If they will eventually get logged in then you can use "role" based
psml - all users get the "user" role, you can define a psml file in
that directory and this will be used by all users.

To use this, change the JetspeedResources.properties file to not use
"turbine" as the template for new users psml - leave it blank like
the comment says and you should be sorted.

Do you still need to read the users psml programmatically?

Chris

=====
SHAMELESS PLUG: http://www.soccer2002.org.uk - Football World Cup 2002 Japan/Korea

User and its PSML file