Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Hassink, Brian" <BH...@Ciena.com> on 2004/01/06 15:03:55 UTC

A couple of questions...

I've been experimenting with the latest release and have a couple of questions...

1. When using "DOMBuilder" to parse a XML file, all of the newlines are converted into text nodes. I've set the "fgDOMWhitespaceInElementContent" feature to "false", but this hasn't had any effect. Is there another way to prevent this behavior?

2. When using "DOMImplementation" and "DOMWriter" to create and write a document to an XML file, there doesn't appear to be a way to specify a validation schema to be written into the root element. I've probably missed something in the documentation, so a pointer would be greatl appreciated.

Regards,
Brian

Re: A couple of questions...

Posted by Gareth Reakes <ga...@decisionsoft.com>.
Hi,

> 1. When using "DOMBuilder" to parse a XML file, all of the newlines are converted into text nodes. I've set the "fgDOMWhitespaceInElementContent" feature to "false", but this hasn't had any effect. Is there another way to prevent this behavior?

Since whitespace is significant we cant ignore it. If you create a DTD then
you can set the "ignorable" white space to false.

> 2. When using "DOMImplementation" and "DOMWriter" to create and write a document to an XML file, there doesn't appear to be a way to specify a validation schema to be written into the root element. I've probably missed something in the documentation, so a pointer would be greatl appreciated.

If I understand you correctly then you mean something like an
xsi:schemaLocation? If this is the case then it is a standard attribute
that you would add the same way as any other. If this is not the case then
please do clarify and I will attempt an answer.

Gareth

--
Gareth Reakes, Head of Product Development  +44-1865-203192
DecisionSoft Limited                        http://www.decisionsoft.com