Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Daxin Zuo <dz...@techexcel.com> on 2005/03/03 02:38:06 UTC

Can we know when the Response is finished? or other solution.

Hi,
   In one of my page, when the page is loading -- it is a page with large
ammount of data from database, I clicked a button. I see the exception on
the monitor window:
"Connection reset by peer: socket write error". The detal error is attached.
This message might be harmless.
  I think it is because the response has not finished the task. Is there a
way to know the response is finished and the socket is idle?  Anybody has
some suggestion? Any setting in tomcat?

Thanks.

Mar 2, 2005 5:09:11 PM org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler action
SEVERE: Error in action code
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
        at
java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
        at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.send(ChannelSocket.java:489)
        at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:697)
        at
org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.action(JkCoyoteHandler.java:487)
        at org.apache.coyote.Response.action(Response.java:226)
        at org.apache.coyote.Response.finish(Response.java:348)
        at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.OutputBuffer.close(OutputBuffer.java:328)
        at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteResponse.finishResponse(CoyoteResponse.java:
497)
        at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:209)
        at
org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:339)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:415)
        at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:716)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:650)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:829)
        at
a:688)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Connection reset by peer: socket write error