Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Ken Anderson <ka...@pacific.net> on 2002/08/16 04:53:58 UTC

Re: Returning more than one page (or: pagination)

The http response has to tell the browser to open the 3 windows, and the
only way to do that is with javascript. You can feed the contents of the
2 child windows through from the parent window (the one you open first)
using windowname.document.write if you really want to do this. But a
more cross browser compatible & robust way to do this would be to just
open one window at a time - directly from the servlet, so that there was
no messy javascript to deal with. Maybe just return an index page so the
user can choose the page to view?
Ken A.