Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Tushar_Gandhi <tu...@neovasolutions.com> on 2009/01/12 12:17:56 UTC

Deletion of indexes.

Hi,
   I am using solr 1.3. I am facing a problem to delete the index.
I have mysql database. Some of the data from database is deleted, but the
indexing for those records is still present. Due to that I am getting those
records in search result. I don't want this type of behavior. I want to
delete those indexes which are not present in database. Also, I don't know
which records are deleted from database and present in index. Is there any
way to solve this problem? Also I think that re indexing will not solve my
problem, because it will re index only the records which are present in
database and don't bother about the indexes which don't have reference in
database.

Can anyone have solution for this?

Thanks,
Tushar

RE: Deletion of indexes.

Posted by sundar shankar <su...@hotmail.com>.
When I asked the user group sometime back about the same problem, One other solution I got was to have a soft delete column. (A column where u maintain a delete flag) .

Sundar
> Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 11:03:52 -0700
> From: rgrange@dollardays.com
> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Deletion of indexes.
>
> I got around this problem by using a trigger on the table I index that
> records the values of deleted items in a queue table so when my next
> Solr update rolls around it sends a remove request for that record's
> ID.  Once the Solr deletion is done, I remove that ID from the queue
> table.  Of course, you have to be on MySQL 5.0 or above to have that
> available to you.  Otherwise, you'll have to manually add something to
> your deletion queries to record all the IDs you're about to delete to a
> queue table.
>
> Ryan T. Grange, IT Manager
> DollarDays International, Inc.
>
> Tushar_Gandhi wrote:
> > Hi,
> >    I am using solr 1.3. I am facing a problem to delete the index.
> > I have mysql database. Some of the data from database is deleted, but the
> > indexing for those records is still present. Due to that I am getting those
> > records in search result. I don't want this type of behavior. I want to
> > delete those indexes which are not present in database. Also, I don't know
> > which records are deleted from database and present in index. Is there any
> > way to solve this problem? Also I think that re indexing will not solve my
> > problem, because it will re index only the records which are present in
> > database and don't bother about the indexes which don't have reference in
> > database.
> >
> > Can anyone have solution for this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Tushar

Much more than email – don't miss out on the rest of the Windows Live™.

Re: Deletion of indexes.

Posted by Ryan Grange <rg...@dollardays.com>.