Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com> on 2012/03/01 13:08:26 UTC

Re: Shipping fop with complex script support

On 27/02/2012 18:34, Jonathan Levinson wrote:
Hi Jonathon,

> We are looking to bundle fop with its new complex script support with
> a reporting package that will be deployed at many institutions and
> many hospitals. We support many hospitals in the Middle East and they
> will be affected.
>
> I’m looking for advice on when I should take a time-slice of the
> trunk. Or is it the case that a new version of FOP will be available
> soon, and it would be better (and still preserve timeliness) to wait
> for that?
>
> What is the schedule for the next FOP release? At what point is the
> trunk stable enough to ship?
>
> I’m not asking a scientifically precise question that has a
> scientifically precise answer, but I’m looking for pragmatic advice.

I believe Glenn Adams is planning to work on a release of FOP in the
near term. Exactly when I don't know. First of all we need to discuss it
on fop-dev. Typically a release candidate would be buolt first and the
community allowed to test it. During which time we can iron out any
instabilities before building the final release.

Thanks,

Chris