Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "KOISHI@terra.es" <KO...@terra.es> on 2006/05/12 11:22:42 UTC

Problems building the binary distribution

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to build the portal from the binary distribution using Maven 1.0.2. I'm following the steps of the Getting started with the Jetspeed-2 binaries guide and I've made it til step "3.5". But when I try to build the war file (maven war:install) I get an error message (see attached file) because I'm unable to download the following dependencies:

portals-bridges-common-.jar

portals-bridges-velocity-.jar

derby-.jar

I'm using MySQL as database, so I suppose that "derby.jar" is not essential. Even though, without any of them, I guess I can't go any further...

>From my point of view, I can't download them because Maven does not specify the version... but i don't know how to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance,

Enrique Pérez

PD: sorry for my English

Prueba el Nuevo Correo Terra; Seguro, r&aacute;pido, fiable.

Re: Problems building the binary distribution

Posted by Marco Catunda <ma...@gmail.com>.
Enrique,

I had similar problem.
Have you already seen project.properties file? There is
a variable name "jetspeed.version" which you can define
version of jetspeed, like "2.1-dev", "2.0".

--
Marco Catunda

AW: Problems building the binary distribution

Posted by Jochen Lauxmann <jo...@osb-hh.de>.
Hello,

please try this:

Add the following properties to your build.properties file:

# required common configuration properties
portals.bridges.version=1.0
derby.version=10.1.1.0
bridges.groupId=org.apache.portals.bridges
jetspeed.version=2.0
CATALINA_HOME=C:/Programme/Apache Software Foundation/Tomcat 5.5

mfg
Jochen Lauxmann