Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/30 22:57:14 UTC

M1 : I18N for xdoc

Hi guys,

    With Vincent Siveton, we are trying to make some tests to internationalize the current xdoc plugin for M1.

    Because I don't want to break the current one if we want to release the 1.9 for maven 1.1, I see two options :
    - create a branch (can I do it without to create a branch for all plugins ?), it will be better to merge it in the future..
    - create a copy in the sandbox

    What do you think ?

Arnaud

RE: M1 : I18N for xdoc

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.

> If it isn't backwards compatible, then I think the best
> solution would be to put it in the sandbox as a prototype,
> and use the ideas to incorporate directly into the Maven2
> site plugin.

It will be but we want to do some additional tests before to integrate it in the plugin...

> This can now render pages almost identically to the m1
> version, so I'd like to start working it in as v2.0 of the
> xdoc plugin in m1. Spending the effort in this way would
> avoid having to rework it later. Without taking a great deal
> more right now.

I'm in favor to try to migrate m1 plugins in mojo as soon as possible.
But I won't have the time to do it actually.
Vincent already did it several months ago and now several users are interested to use this feature (MPXDOC-128 thread on the dev
list).
It's documented here : http://antarticadream.servehttp.com/xdoc/target/docs/i18n.html

> Also, I'd encourage you to hold any discussions about the
> work on the dev list, as I think this is something we could
> all benefit from and have input into.

It's our goal. It's why we want your opinion.
We also talked about it with emmanuel for M2.

Arnaud.

Re: M1 : I18N for xdoc

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.