Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ekio <ek...@hotmail.com> on 2006/07/20 03:52:25 UTC

[M2] System properties

Hello.  Does anyone know if there is a way to declare system properties from
within a pom file, rather than doing it on the command line? (Ex: mvn
-Dproperty=value scm:checkout)  I saw some examples on the web, some plugins
do the following under <configuration> of <plugin>:

<systemProperties>
   <property>
      <name>property</name>
      <value>value</value>
   </property>
</systemProperties>

I am writing a scm-provider, and I want to use the System.getProperty()
method in the provider to get the properties.  It works when I declare the
properties on the command line, but not when I declare them from inside the
pom...

Any idea?  Thanks a lot!

Re: [M2] System properties

Posted by ekio <ek...@hotmail.com>.
Oh there is noting wrong.  But if it is possible to do that in the pom, then
I can bind a property to a phase, and have different values in different
phases.

Re: [M2] System properties

Posted by avalon <av...@friendofpooh.com>.

Dan Tran wrote:

> Most likely there is no way to do.

Can http://grid.in2p3.fr/build-tools/maven-properties-plugin/set-mojo.html
do so? If yes, then how? I'm a maven noob.

Dan Tran wrote:

> What is wrong with the suggested scheme?
>
> -D

Well, why ask users to supply options?

Re: [M2] System properties

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: [M2] System properties

Posted by ekio <ek...@hotmail.com>.
Thank you.
But is it possible that I can do this from the pom?

Re: [M2] System properties

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.
You can have user to set the properties at a fixed file location ( ie ${
user.home}/.yourprovider.

Check out the source for cvs, svn,starteam, etc providers

-D