Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Joe Schafer <jo...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/18 21:17:06 UTC

Fill out XFA PDF that is digitally signed

Hi all,

I'm trying to fill out an XFA PDF form that is digitally signed.  I'd like
to fill it out without removing the security features, but I'll take
anything that works.

I've started a minimal working example here that includes the PDF under
pdf/da1059.pdf:

https://github.com/jschaf/pdfxfa.git

The steps to run it would be something like:

git clone https://github.com/jschaf/pdfxfa.git
cd pdfxfa
mvn package
java -cp target/pdfxfa-0.1.jar com.jschaf.Main pdf/da1059.pdf

I also posted it to Stack Overflow, with no answers yet:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31444634

Thank you,
Joe Schafer

Re: Fill out XFA PDF that is digitally signed

Posted by John Hewson <jo...@jahewson.com>.
> On 19 Jul 2015, at 13:08, Joe Schafer <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Bummer,  PDFBOX-2859 seems to be the tracking issue, is that correct?

> Do you know of another open-source library that supports filling digitally signed XFA PDFs?  iText looks like it has support, but it's licensed under the Affero GPL v3.

It’s still possible to find the old iText 2.1.7, which is licensed under the more permissive MPL. It’s no longer maintained but it might work for you.

http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.lowagie/itext/4.2.2

Of course, we’re hoping to support incremental update for forms in PDFBox at some point in the future.

— John

Posted by Joe Schafer <jo...@gmail.com>.

--
Sent from Postbox

Re: Fill out XFA PDF that is digitally signed

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.