Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com> on 2001/07/12 17:26:51 UTC

Re: Reader buggy for transformation? (Was: Re: Force encoding of result doc)

Thanks, Bjoern.  I looked at Cmdline.java and this was the first thing
that jumped out at me.  I'm sure I'll be able to reproduce it on my
machine.  If this is a bug, I think it is mostly a bug with the
documentation but probably Scott and Joe should comment on this since I
haven't really thought it through.

It seems to me when you ask for a Writer output, you're asking for a
specific encoding.  The one argument constructor for FileWriter assumes
an encoding of the java system property file.encoding and that's what
you used.  This overrides the encoding requested in the XSLT.

I do think this merits a FAQ entry but I wouldn't change XalanJ.  What
do you think?

Gary