Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by k deepthi <kd...@yahoo.co.in> on 2009/08/26 09:47:50 UTC

Regarding bugs with FOP 0.95 current stable version

Hi Team,
I am K.N.B.Deepthi from an MNC. We have a requirement for converting XSL-FO to PDF. Currently we are using FOP 0.95. We are facing problem with nested <fo:table>'s with current version. The exception that we are getting is:
Caused by: org.apache.fop.fo.ValidationException: Error(73/15): column-number or number of cells in the row overflows the number of fo:table-column specified for the table.

Sample code:
<fo:table>
<fo:table-column width="30mm">
<fo:table-column width="30mm">
<fo:table-row>
<fo:table-cell><fo:block></fo:block></fo:table-cell>
<fo:table-cell>
<fo:table>
</fo:table>
</fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row></fo:table>
</fo:table>

Another problem we are facing is that we have a requirement of wrapping text around images. I would like to know if It can be implemented by <fo:float> with dynamically created .fo file from our application. And also whether FOP 0.95 implements Float objects or not. Please help me in this regard.

Thanks,
Deepthi.

      Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more. Click here http://cricket.yahoo.com

AW: Regarding bugs with FOP 0.95 current stable version

Posted by Georg Datterl <ge...@geneon.de>.
Hi Deepthi,

The exception means, somewhere in your fo file you have more <fo:table-cell> elements in a <fo:table-row> element than you have <fo:table-column> elements in the coresponding <fo:table> element. It's most likely not a problem of nested tables, although nested tables may make it harder to find the corrupt table. If I'm not mistaken, (73/15) is the position in the fo file where the error was found. Begin your search there or remove tables from your fo file until only the corrupt one remains.

<fo:float> is not implemented, neither in 0.95 nor in trunk. For more information about implemented features see:

http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/compliance.html

Regards,

Georg Datterl

------ Kontakt ------