Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Peter Shankey <sh...@netscape.net> on 2001/08/12 15:07:41 UTC

Do I need Jserv with Tomcat 3.2 as the Jserv pages say use Tomcat ???

Hi:

I am new the tomcat, apache and Jserv so please be meriful. In the doc "jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3/doc/uguide/tomcat_ug.html" which comes with tomcat it talks about setting up the Jserv mod with apache. In fact the doc give a link to install the Jserv mod. However on http://java.apache.org/jserv/ it says to use tomcat and do not use Jserv and basicly Jserv is being wrapped up in tomcat. According to the page http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/ it say 3.2 is a stable release, and I would like to startout with a stable release. So my question is with version 3.2 of tomcat do I still need to get Jserv or is the Jserv functionality going to be wrapped up in 3.3 or 4.0 of tomcat?

Thanks
Pete

RE: Do I need Jserv with Tomcat 3.2 as the Jserv pages say use Tomcat ???

Posted by "Rob S." <rs...@home.com>.
Hi Pete,

I think nowadays you should be using mod_jk.  In the 3.2.x doc homepage,
you'll find a link to mod_jk documentation.

- r

http://webmail.netscape.com/