Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com> on 2013/04/03 15:55:46 UTC

10.10.1 checklist

We've made good progress on the items on the 10.10.1 checklist, but
several still need attention
(http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTenOneChecklist):

Performance tests
ipv6 vs ipv4
upgrade and compatibility
Recovery after crashing engine
J2EE CTS 1.4.1
Code coverage results

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: 10.10.1 checklist

Posted by Katherine Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.
On 4/3/2013 11:18 AM, Rick Hillegas wrote:
> OThanks for running these tests, Kathey. I can't find any record that
> we ran these tests on 10.9.1:
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenNineOneChecklist. I don't remember
> when this battery of tests was run last.

The last time I ran this was in 10.8.1 testing upgrade from 10.5 and
tracked it as: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5209. It has
been effective at finding bugs and identifying where release notes are
needed as the functional tests  mimic an application written against an
older release,   but is painful so I haven't run too often, but I have
always been able to get through a run and at least skim for anything
serious.

My guess is that  things have gotten more complicated because it seems
more unit tests and things that we don't expect users to do have been
mixed into the junit functional test suite and failures are causing lock
timeouts on cleanup. Looking at the lock timeouts now. I don't think it
is anything that should hold up the release unless I find a serious bug.

I won't have time to do IPv6/ IPv4 this cycle unfortunately.

Re: 10.10.1 checklist

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.

Re: 10.10.1 checklist

Posted by Katherine Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.

Re: 10.10.1 checklist

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <kn...@oracle.com>.
Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com> writes:

> We've made good progress on the items on the 10.10.1 checklist, but
> several still need attention
> (http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTenOneChecklist):
>
> Performance tests
> ipv6 vs ipv4
> upgrade and compatibility
> Recovery after crashing engine
> J2EE CTS 1.4.1
> Code coverage results

I've started a run with the JDBC subsuite of Java EE CTS 6, and some
performance tests. I've put my name on those tasks in the checklist and
will update it once the tests have completed.

Knut Anders