Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/28 20:29:37 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS AMQP 0-x 6.4.0

Hi,
I created a release candidate build for new minor version 6.4.0 of Qpid JMS
for AMQP 0-x.
The release introduces a number of improvements including an improvement
allowing to rotate credentials using extension mechanism similar to the one
available in JMS Client for AMQP 1.0.

Please give it a test out and vote accordingly.

The source and binary bundles can be taken from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms-amqp-0-x/6.4.0-RC1

The maven artifacts are also staged at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1197

The JIRAs currently assigned are:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310520&version=12345500

Regards,
Alex

P.S. If you want to test it out using maven, you can temporarily add this
to your project pom to access the staging repo:

<repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1197</url>
    </repository>
</repositories>

The dependency for the client itself would then be:

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
    <artifactId>qpid-client</artifactId>
    <version>6.4.0</version>
</dependency>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS AMQP 0-x 6.4.0

Posted by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com>.
+1

* built and ran tests successfully from source bundle
* verified signatures and checksums
* ran rat check successfully
* ran successfully Qpid Broker integration tests on master branch using
staged client artefacts and maven profiles java-bdb.0-10 and java-bdb.0-9

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
Thanks Alex! On that basis I am happy to vote +1 for the release.

Posted by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gordon,

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 29 May 2020 at 20:50, Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 29/05/2020 1:17 pm, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> > I ran some tests.
> >
> > The good:
> > - Verified the signature and checksum files.
> > - Used "mvn apache-rat:check" to check the headers in the source archive.
> > - Verified LICENCE and NOTICE present in the archives.
> > - Ran the Broker-J master build + mms.0-10 systests using staged
> > client on JDK8 and JDK11, all fine.
> >
> > The bad:
> > - Ran the build and 0-10 systests on JDK8 and JDK11. Saw a test
> > failure in both cases:
> > [ERROR] testAccountRotationViaConnectAttemptListenerOnFailover(org.apache.qpid.systest.connection.ConnectionFactoryTest)
> >   Time elapsed: 10.238 s  <<< FAILURE!
> >
> > ConnectionFactoryTest.testAccountRotationViaConnectAttemptListenerOnFailover:294->restartBrokerAndWaitForFailover:357
> >
> > The same test is failing in CI on 0-10 and 0-9-1 profiles:
> > https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Qpid/job/Qpid-JMS-AMQP-0-x-Broker-J-TestMatrix/45/#showFailuresLink
> >
> > I havent looked into it, but I think it would be good to ascertain the
> > cause of the failures before deciding whether its a blocking issue or
> > not. I believe its a new test so it is a regression of sorts.
> >

> I verified signatures, built and ran the example against the c++ broker
> which worked fine.
>
> All the tests were skipped for me, so presumably I need to do something
> to enable the environment it is expecting?

You need to set a profile to enable them, e.g -Pbroker-j

You can see example commands in the systests pom.xml file:
https://github.com/apache/qpid-jms-amqp-0-x/blob/6.4.0/systests/pom.xml#L151

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid JMS AMQP 0-x 6.4.0

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Ok, +1 then.

Posted by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com>.