Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <bo...@redwerk.com> on 2006/05/31 12:01:38 UTC

Newbie questions

We would like to move to Maven instead of Ant scripts.

We have distributed application with set of serivces, common code and WEB
interface.

We would like to organize modules as different subprojects, for example
Common
Services
Web

while Services depends of Common, Web depends of Common and Services, and
probably we have some legacy code in Services which depends of some parts in
Web. So it seems like we have circullar dependencies.

Could Maven work in this case?
Which version should be used: Maven 1.0.2 or Maven 2?
Is it possible to change something in Common, and when Web module will be
rebuilt, Common module will be rebuilt prior to it?
Is it possible to build some module independently of others?

Sorry for such probably trivial questions ;)

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky

Re: Newbie questions

Posted by ben short <be...@benshort.co.uk>.