Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Hardeep Chander <Ha...@talis.com> on 2008/07/09 17:49:10 UTC

load balancing jsf webapp with memcached

Hi, can anybody point me in the right direction on how to integrate an
app using JSF with memcached?

So, I would need to cache http session data (using
javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD = server) + session scoped beans (and
any behind the scene component models) too.

It's the first time I'm using memcache to load balance my app so I'm new
to it.

So, to clarify, the idea is to store all server side session data in a
central memcache server and then regardless of which app server gets a
request, it'll access the central memcache server for this info.

There doesn't seem to be much around on the web about JSF and memcached.

I found this link: http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Performance

Could I define my own SerialFactory which writes out to my memcache
server?

I'm using Java 5 and Myfaces 1.1.4.

If there is no support for it directly within MyFaces, what are my
options?

I'd appreciate any help you could give me.

Thanks,

Hardeep