Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Neeraj Bajaj <Ne...@Sun.COM> on 2002/02/22 12:50:03 UTC

Re: Regarding XML Schema on Solaris

>  when i validate the XML doc on a DTD. That is, the parser validates the XML
>file on a DTD. But the parser is not validating the XML file on a XML-Schema.
>Error:  "org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element type "PartyNote_V1" must be
>declared"

Make sure feature http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema is set to
true.

> But i could not find why it is not working on Solaris. The only difference
between Solaris and Windows is JDK1.3 is on Wimdows and JDK1.2 is on Solaris.
But i don't think this makes the difference.  Because the Java file which
actually parses the XML doc gets compiled fine on both platforms.

	Probably u have another parser (jar) before Xerces 2.0, set in your
classpath...

--
Neeraj B.
Sun Microsystems, inc.

Re: Regarding XML Schema on Solaris

Posted by rajac <ra...@ncmr.co.in>.
Hi Neeraj Bajaj,
    Thanks. I have set all the features including
http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema. It is working fine on
Windows2000. When i run on Solaris7,  it throws error saying "the
elements(all the elements) are not declared".  I think XML doc is not able
to locate the Schema(while running on Solaris)  or Some problem with Solaris
environment.

Rgds.,
Raja