Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com> on 2007/07/30 02:58:44 UTC

Eclipse and the manifest jar

I am disappointed to note that Eclipse doesn't seem to be able to use
the manifest jar on the classpath. I send this message in case I'm
missing something stupid.

Re: Eclipse and the manifest jar

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Sunday 29 July 2007 20:58, Benson Margulies wrote:
> I am disappointed to note that Eclipse doesn't seem to be able to use
> the manifest jar on the classpath. I send this message in case I'm
> missing something stupid.

No.  It's not you.   Eclipse is stupid.

This bites us when we try to "import" the ant based demos into eclipse as
well.   Eclipse finds the manifest jar and puts that in the list of
jars, but that doesn't work.

Ideally, eclipse would either use the manifest for compile/run, or at
import time, look at the manifest and grab all the jars it points to as
well.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

Re: Eclipse and the manifest jar

Posted by Oisin Hurley <oh...@iona.com>.
> I've built plugins, and this isn't the issue. I'm not trying to make
> Eclipse use this code, I'm wishing that, when Eclipse compiles my
> code,
> it respected the manifest class-path and didn't force me to list
> out all
> the constituent jars in my project's classpath.

My apologies - I took your email up completely incorrectly!

  best regards
    Oisin

----------------------------
Registered Number: 171387

RE: Eclipse and the manifest jar

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com>.
Oisin,

I've built plugins, and this isn't the issue. I'm not trying to make
Eclipse use this code, I'm wishing that, when Eclipse compiles my code,
it respected the manifest class-path and didn't force me to list out all
the constituent jars in my project's classpath.

--benson

Ireland

Re: Eclipse and the manifest jar

Posted by Oisin Hurley <oh...@iona.com>.
Hi Benson

> I am disappointed to note that Eclipse doesn't seem to be able to use
> the manifest jar on the classpath. I send this message in case I'm
> missing something stupid.

Eclipse doesn't respond to anything on the classpath I'm afraid. It's to