Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by dafna <ni...@elbitsystems.com> on 2012/03/03 19:30:25 UTC

Incompatible format version 2 expected 1 or lower

Hi,

I have an index that was indexed with hadoop & nutch version 1.2.
I saw that nutch 1.2 using lucene version 3.0.3.
I'm trying to read from that index with lucene .net version 2.9.4 but
getting the error: "Incompatible format version 2 expected 1 or lower".
What are the differences between those two lucene versions ? Is there a way
to bypass this problem ?

thanks.

Re: Incompatible format version 2 expected 1 or lower

Posted by dafna <ni...@elbitsystems.com>.
but it's two different versions of lucene - java & .net. Are those two
products have correlation between the versions & features ?
I used the latest version of .net, so the only option I have is to return to
previous version of nutch that using previous version of lucene ?

Re: Incompatible format version 2 expected 1 or lower

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
 Your lucene client libs must match the major version. They are not
 compatible.

 On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 10:30:25 -0800 (PST), dafna
 <ni...@elbitsystems.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an index that was indexed with hadoop & nutch version 1.2.
> I saw that nutch 1.2 using lucene version 3.0.3.
> I'm trying to read from that index with lucene .net version 2.9.4 but
> getting the error: "Incompatible format version 2 expected 1 or
> lower".
> What are the differences between those two lucene versions ? Is there
> a way
> to bypass this problem ?
>
> thanks.

 Markus Jelsma - CTO - Openindex