Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Francis.Hu" <fr...@reachjunction.com> on 2014/01/24 10:16:29 UTC

org.apache.hadoop.ipc.StandbyException occurs at the thirty of per hour in standby NN

hello, All

Installed 2 NN and 3 DN in my hadoop-2.2.0 cluster,and implemented HDFS HA
with QJM. Currently, looking at the log of standby NN ,it throws below
exception at a regular interval, one hour:

2014-01-24 03:30:01,245 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation: PriviledgedActionException
as:ubuntu (auth:SIMPLE) cause:org.apache.hadoop.ipc.StandbyException:
Operation category READ is not supported in state standby

Actually, the active NN is working ,and no applications access HDFS with
error.

Does anyone know what the problem is ?

Thanks,

Francis.Hu

Re: org.apache.hadoop.ipc.StandbyException occurs at the thirty of per hour in standby NN

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Francis,

This is a non-worry, but you're basically hitting
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-3447. A temporary
workaround could be to disable the UGI at the logging configuration
level.

--
Harsh J

Re: org.apache.hadoop.ipc.StandbyException occurs at the thirty of per hour in standby NN

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Francis,

--
Harsh J

Re: org.apache.hadoop.ipc.StandbyException occurs at the thirty of per hour in standby NN

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Francis,

--
Harsh J

Re: org.apache.hadoop.ipc.StandbyException occurs at the thirty of per hour in standby NN

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Francis,

--
Harsh J