Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/30 22:29:46 UTC

Cassandra annotation

I know this topic has come up in the past. I'm currently working on a
set of Cassandra specific annotations that define key, keyspace and
column in my POJO's.

Instead of hand rolling lots of boiler plate code for creating the
keyspace, I prefer to annotate my POJO's and have the system do that
for me. Right now it's part of a closed source project, but I'm
willing to re-implement and contribute it to cassandra.

Do others find the feature interesting?

Should it be part of cassandra "out of the box"?

If not a part of Cassandra, maybe part of hector? Currently I'm using
hector client and contributed a few javadocs earlier this year.

all feedback welcome.

peter lin

Re: Cassandra annotation

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
The annotations I'm thinking of are pretty simple

keyspace
key
composite key
column

it's probably easier if I post it on github so that others can see

peter lin

Re: Cassandra annotation

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.

Re: Cassandra annotation