Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Ignacio Renuncio <ig...@coverlink.com> on 2004/07/26 12:24:24 UTC

Portal navigation: portletlink vs forwards

Hi everybody,

I'm curently using Jetspeed 1.5 to build a portal that is connected to a CMS
repository and retrieves info through JSP portlets. I want to establish
links among different portal pages, using JSP. The first navigation samples
I found were the JSLINK ones, but they seem not to be implemented in JSP.
Under JSP I found the <jetspeed:portletlink/> tag but it doesn't behave the
way I want.

If I add a portletlink, clicking on that link maximizes the portlet, but in
my 3-columns layout the left & right columns dissapear. The linked portlet
is the only item display. Sometimes I want to keep the left & right columns,
expanding the selected portlet in the central body.

How should I do this? Create PSMLs for the "expanded portlet" with the
desired layout and linking them through forwards?

Thanks in advance,

Ignacio Renuncio.-