Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ha...@ooo.lanl.gov> on 1996/06/05 07:20:09 UTC

oohh

Anyone remember the netscape url where they ask what server you
currently use but don't list apache?

Re: oohh

Posted by Paul Richards <p....@elsevier.co.uk>.

Brian> On Tue, 4 Jun 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:
>> Anyone remember the netscape url where they ask what server you
>> currently use but don't list apache?

Brian> By the way, the last thing I want to see, in any media, is a
Brian> story on how Apache developers are spreading FUD about other
Brian> server products.  You can provide Cnet information, upon which
Brian> they can build a story, sure, but I really think something like
Brian> the following would be unfortunate:

Brian> 	"According to Rob Hartill, a member of the Apache development
Brian> effort, Netscape has been targeting Apache users by sending out
Brian> questionaires..."

I definately concur. What I suggested might be possible was if c|net
found out this information entirely by themselves and did their own
research into it.  Having anything attributed back to anyone in this
group would be very bad PR and if there's any risk of that just avoid
the issue completely.

Re: oohh

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
On Tue, 4 Jun 1996, Rob Hartill wrote:
> Anyone remember the netscape url where they ask what server you
> currently use but don't list apache?

http://test-drive.netscape.com/

By the way, the last thing I want to see, in any media, is a story on how
Apache developers are spreading FUD about other server products.  You can
provide Cnet information, upon which they can build a story, sure, but I
really think something like the following would be unfortunate:

	"According to Rob Hartill, a member of the Apache development
effort, Netscape has been targeting Apache users by sending out
questionaires..."

Spin control.

	Brian

brian@organic.com  |  We're hiring!  http://www.organic.com/Home/Info/Jobs/