Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by m....@devote.nl on 2001/01/11 14:13:18 UTC

Create cocoon output file from within Cocoon page

Hi,

In a xsp page, i am trying to create an output file. The output file is
stored on a file system and should be filled with output of an XML/XSL
translation.
If the file is written successfully, the user gets a message in his browser
stating that his request was successfully stored.

The whole mechanism uses session variables to check if the user is logged
in and has permissions to perform a request.

Things i tried:
1. Calling cocoon from the XSP page using the enginewrapper class for the
command line interface. This way I can pass a request with my session
variables and I am able to output to a file. This isn't working because
this approach uses ProducerFromRequest class which is removed from Cocoon
as stated in the faq.

2. Using openconnection as stated in the faq to get the output in a stream
in my xsp page and writing it to a file. This doesn't work either, because
the XSP page specified in the openconnection url is executed in another
session in which my user is not logged in. I am unable to pass this
information to the URL.

Any ideas?

TIA
Michael Homeijer