Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Quim Gil <qu...@nokia.com> on 2012/03/14 17:22:43 UTC

Raspberry Pi for Cordova devs interested in Qt 5

Hi, reading the latest news about the development of Qt support for
Cordova [1] it is evident that a current problem is the lack of mobile
targets with Qt 5 inside for development and testing.

In the meantime the Qt Project is offering free Raspberry Pi boards [2]
to developers willing to get their hands dirty with the Qt 5
pre-releases (the alpha is coming out next week). The Raspberry Pi alone
is not the perfect device to test the Cordova APIs since it's missing
many radios and sensors, but at least can provide (when available) good
support for the latest Qt 5 libraries and a platform that actually
resembles a mobile device in terms of software stack and hardware specs.

So what about this:

IF you are a developer working on Cordova
OR Cordova apps
AND you are interested in testing the Qt 5 port
THEN send me an email with the following info:

- Full name
- Link to your Qt Project profile
- *Short* description of your project / work. URLs welcome.
- Country where the board should be shipped.

This information will be published at
http://wiki.qt-project.org/QtonPi/Device_program/Accepted

If you are interested go ahead. We have a limited amount of board
vouchers and a policy of first come first served. Please don't reply to
the whole list!

[1] http://phonegap.ics.com/2012/03/odds-n-ends.html
[2]
http://blog.qt.nokia.com/2011/11/24/qt-5-with-rasberry-pi-a-delicious-mix-with-home-delivery/