Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Darin Swanson <Da...@us.ibm.com> on 2003/04/02 23:27:53 UTC

RE: War element doesn't work in 1.5.2 but does in 1.5.1 [OT Eclipse]

Mark,

You have two choices for setting which Ant version Eclipse uses for its
Ant integration.

1. You can replace the ant.jar and the optional.jar  in the org.apache.ant
plugin provided in the Eclipse distribution with the 1.5.* version you
wish to use.
2. You can set the ANT_HOME you wish to use globally via the Ant runtime
preferences or on a per build file basis using the Ant launch
configuration.

When setting ANT_HOME,  you will need to ensure that the Xerces JARs are
not directly or indirectly included on the Ant runtime classpath. Eclipse
needs to use the Xerces classes provided via the org.apache.xerces plugin
provided with Eclipse.  For most Ant distributions, the Xerces JARs cannot
even be in the same physical location as the ant.jar and optional.jar.
This results from the Ant JARs containing manifest files which contain
classpath entries pointer to the Xerces JARs. The manifest entries have
been removed in the Ant 1.6 stream so this makes it easier to work with
from Eclipse's point of view :-)

HTH
Darins

<Ma...@cs.tcd.ie>
04/02/03 11:09 AM
Please respond to "Ant Users List"

        To:     "'Ant Users List'" <us...@ant.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: War element doesn't work in 1.5.2 but does in 1.5.1

No sweat. Thanks very much for your help Stefan.