Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2004/07/06 10:10:02 UTC

WSDL2WS & proxy

Hi all,
   I am behind a proxy and I cannot use the WSDL2WS tool because of this with original URLs (I
have to run it with downloaded files)
   Any ideas how to fix this?
Thanks,
Samisa...

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

How to get a anonymous checkout from a branch

Posted by sanjaya singharage <sa...@opensource.lk>.
The following cvs command will take a anonymous checkout from the branch
"Release1-2-branch"  to the folder <your local checkout folder>

For linux:
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic checkout -d <your
local checkout folder> -r Release1-2-branch ws-axis/c

For windows command line cvs:
Change directory to the folder where you want get the checkout to and...

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic checkout -r
Release1-2-branch ws-axis/c

For windows wincvs:

-Go to "Admin->Preferences->General->CVSROOT". Give the value
"mailto:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic"
-Go to "Admin->Preferences->General->Authentication" . Select the value
""passwd" file on the server"
-Go to "Create->Checkout module...->Checkout Settings". Give the value
"ws-axis/c" for "module name and path"
-Go to Create->Checkout module...->Checkout Settings". Select a folder to
create your checkout to in "Local folder to checkout to"
-Go to ""Create->Checkout module...->Checkout Options". Tick the checkbox
"by revision/tag/branch". Give the value "Release1-2-branch"
-Click "OK"

How to get a anonymous checkout from a branch

Re: WSDL2WS & proxy

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.
--- Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk> wrote:
> Hi Samisa,
>
> I'm confused .. do you mean for wsdl:import elements and xsd:import/
> xsd:include things??

Yes.
Samisa...

Re: WSDL2WS & proxy

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Samisa,

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
WSDL2* in Axis/Java uses WSDL4J to read the WSDL. I believe WSDL4J
uses java.net.URL stuff to read the imported things. If I recall
correctly that thing looks for certain properties when making HTTP
connections .. if that's true then setting those properties with
"java -DpropName=value .." will allow you to control the proxy to
be used. I will ask Matt and find out the details and report back.
(Matt Duftler is the main developer of WSDL4J and we work together.)

In any case, I agree with you Susantha that this needs to be fixed
in Axis/Java codebase. Samisa, a bug report requesting an enhancement
would be a good way to make sure it doesn't get lost ..

Sanjiva.

Posted by John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com>.

Hi,

For java you can set a -D proxy option which tells java to use a proxy when
fetching things - would this not do it?

 java -DproxySet=true -DproxyHost=myProxyServer.come -DproxyPort=80
 MyJavaApp

John Hawkins

             Susantha Kumara
             <susantha@opensou
             rce.lk>                                                    To
                                       Apache AXIS C Developers List
             07/07/2004 11:47          <ax...@ws.apache.org>
                                                                        cc

              "Apache AXIS C           Re: WSDL2WS & proxy
             Developers List"

Fetching the wsdls and parsing is done by the code of Axis java. So we
need help of a Axis Java developer to fix this problem. This fix is
basically getting some commandline parameters and passing to the
appropriate class instance of Axis Java (may be wsdl parser).

Also if you try to parse a wsdl of about 500kb it times out. There is a
commandline option to set the timeout etc for WSDL2Java tool. We have to
do the same.

Susantha.
---

Re: WSDL2WS & proxy