Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/03 20:43:37 UTC

Time for Geronimo 2.1.4 release?

Hi,

I think it's time for Geronimo 2.1.4 release. We've had a lot of
important fixes since 2.1.3 and we should get them out to our users.
And if we agree, I would also like to volunteer to be a release
manager for this release.

Looking at the current status for 2.1.4 there are still a few things
that we need to do before we can go ahead with the release. I updated
the http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxPMGT/Geronimo+2.1.4+Release+Status
page with some of these items. If there are any open bugs that _need_
to be fixed for 2.1.4 or if I missed anything in that list please just
update that wiki page.

Thanks,
Jarek

Re: Time for Geronimo 2.1.4 release?

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Agree and thanks for volunteering.

-Donald

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.
+1 Thanks for volunteering to be the release manager!

Lin

Posted by Manu George <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

Thanks
Manu

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@gmail.com>.
Those classes that Geronimo is looking for are OpenEJB classes.

Jay

Posted by Jack Cai <gr...@gmail.com>.
We have done some test here with the tranql SQLServer 2000 and 2005 XA
connector (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-4279), and TranQL
Informix XA connector (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-4365),
both look good. So they should be ready to get into Geronimo 2.1.4.

Still trying with the TranQL connector for Oracle RAC - not easy to set up
the environment...

-Jack

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
Jay,

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@gmail.com>.
Jarek,

I got spoiled by having the integration tests automatically run on 2.2.

I had hoped that the tests were broken before I started - but
unfortunately, it really was me that broke them.

I will find and fix the problem.

Thanks for alerting me to it.

Jay

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
Jay,

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hey everyone,

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.

Posted by Jack Cai <gr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jarek!

The JIRA list in the status page looks like pretty old (dated as "20081119 @
10:15 EST"). I can make it updated if this helps...

BTW, would someone please help to review and commit the fix for
GERONIMO-4525? One user wants to call the shell commands and check the exit
code accordingly. I hope this fix can go into the coming 2.1.4 release.

- Jack