Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by David Roberts <dl...@ukonline.co.uk> on 2008/05/23 11:25:24 UTC

Tapestry Spring Documentation Incomplete

Hi,

Just to say that I think the documentation here:

http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-spring/

needs updating.

Nowhere does it state that a dependency on tapestry-spring is needed in
pom.xml as such:

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
            <artifactId>tapestry-spring</artifactId>
            <version>${tapestry-release-version}</version>
        </dependency>

I know this might seem obvious, but I for one assumed that this would
come with the Tapestry-core dependency files.
This cost me 3 hours with Tomcat "startup failed due to previous errors"
errors whenever spring was added to web.xml until I remembered to look
in the full tomcat log to find out what the problem was.

Perhaps the same sort of update is also needed for the file upload page
on the Tapestry web site as well.

Its probably difficult to decided what to do when half of users are
still downloading the full gzip file and the other half are doing this
stuff using Maven but I think this is definitely something worth adding.

David.

Re: Tapestry Spring Documentation Incomplete

Posted by David Roberts <dl...@ukonline.co.uk>.
Yes I can take your point.  What caught me out was following the link
from the wiki HowTo - I didn't even realise I was in part of the
documentation for the spring module - anyway,  its nice to see that the
mailing list is so active, I'm looking forward to upgrading to Tapestry5.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

>>> pom.xml as such:
>>>
>>>        <dependency>
>>>            <groupId>org.apache.tapestry</groupId>
>>>            <artifactId>tapestry-spring</artifactId>
>>>            <version>${tapestry-release-version}</version>
>>>        </dependency>
>>>
>>> I know this might seem obvious, but I for one assumed that this would
>>> come with the Tapestry-core dependency files.
>>> This cost me 3 hours with Tomcat "startup failed due to previous errors"
>>> errors whenever spring was added to web.xml until I remembered to look in
>>> the full tomcat log to find out what the problem was.
>>>
>>> Perhaps the same sort of update is also needed for the file upload page
>>> on the Tapestry web site as well.
>>>
>>> Its probably difficult to decided what to do when half of users are still
>>> downloading the full gzip file and the other half are doing this stuff using
>>> Maven but I think this is definitely something worth adding.

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Re: Tapestry Spring Documentation Incomplete

Posted by David Roberts <dl...@ukonline.co.uk>.
Hi,

Posted by SergeEby <sd...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,