Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Ben Stopford <be...@confluent.io> on 2017/10/05 22:49:17 UTC

Re: Replication throttling

Typically you don't want replication throttling enabled all the time as if
a broker drops out of the isr for whatever reason catch-up will be impeded.
Having said that, this may not be an issue if the throttle is quite mild
and your max write rate is well below your the network limit, but it is
safer to enable/disable when you perform maintenance.