Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Ritesh Kumar <ri...@hotwaxsystems.com> on 2018/08/23 12:57:15 UTC

Issue with opening a bookmarked page when the user is logged out

Hello All,

I faced an issue while trying to open a bookmarked page with OFBiz.

Suppose, the URL of this bookmarked page contains a parameter with multiple
values and the value may have space character. The query string in the URL
looks somewhat like this
"?categoryHierarchy=3%2FCompany+Catalog%2FBrowse+Root%2FCloths%2FMen%2F"&statusId=approved&statusId=created".
The "%2F" and "+" are encoded value of  "/", a separator and space
character respectively. The status id parameter appears twice and the
category hierarchy value has space character.

The user is logged out at this instance and this bookmarked page is opened.
Since the user is not logged in, the login page is rendered. I feed in the
credentials and the intended URL is hit. Here, I do not get the required
result.

When I check the URL, the parameter with multiple values just has the last
value of the list and "+" is encoded into "%2B". The URL now is
"?categoryHierarchy=3%2FCompany%2BCatalog%2FBrowse%2BRoot%2FCloths%2FMen%2F"&statusId==created."

I did some digging and found out that LoginWorker.checkLogin() comes into
action and what it does is that it creates a new session object (because
the previous session becomes invalid) and in the session object, it puts
the previous URL parameters. This previous URL parameters are fetched using
UtilHttp.getUrlOnlyParameterMap(request) which internally calls
getQueryStringOnlyParameterMap(). This method returns a map by breaking the
query string into key and value pair. A map can not have duplicate keys (in
this case removes the approved status) and the value is not decoded before
putting it into the map ('+' is not decoded). This map is then used to
create an encoded ('+' is encoded into '%2B' ) redirect target and then
callRedirect() is called on this new redirect target, ending up with
unintended URL (inside RequestHandler.doRequest()).

I could resolve this issue by decoding the already encoded value before
putting it into the Map and if the key is already present in the Map, it
must create a list of the values.

Am I missing something or is this really a bug and needs to be addressed
OOTB?
If this is a bug, is proposed solution the right one?

--
Best,
Ritesh Kumar

Re: Issue with opening a bookmarked page when the user is logged out

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Girish for your detailed analysis!

Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Le 26/08/2018 à 11:20, Mathieu Lirzin a écrit :
> Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hmmm, based on Girish's feedback I think perhaps the next step should be to
>> open a JIRA and further investigate. Thinking about it some more, maybe
>> this would have an impact on the REST API project we're working on.
> The issue seems indeed related.
>
> +1 for a opening a ticket.

+1

Jacques

Re: Issue with opening a bookmarked page when the user is logged out

Posted by Mathieu Lirzin <ma...@nereide.fr>.
Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hmmm, based on Girish's feedback I think perhaps the next step should be to
> open a JIRA and further investigate. Thinking about it some more, maybe
> this would have an impact on the REST API project we're working on.

The issue seems indeed related.

+1 for a opening a ticket.

--
Mathieu Lirzin
GPG: F2A3 8D7E EB2B 6640 5761  070D 0ADE E100 9460 4D37

Re: Issue with opening a bookmarked page when the user is logged out

Posted by Ritesh Kumar <ri...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hello team,

Thanks, everyone for your inputs.
I have attached the patch on the ticket  OFBIZ-10539
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-10539>  to fix the issue.

Kindly have a look into this and let me know if there are any additional
inputs.

On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 11:20 AM Ritesh Kumar <

Posted by Ritesh Kumar <ri...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Girish Vasmatkar <gi...@hotwaxsystems.com>.