Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by xiaochao <xi...@hotmail.com> on 2019/04/17 20:15:13 UTC

Can guacamole record web application through http/s protocol?

Guacd support protocol like vnc and rdp. Is it possible it also support html?
and Guacamole also support web application screen record?

Best regards!

Re: Can guacamole record web application through http/s protocol?

Posted by xiaochao <xi...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks a lot!!!

Re: Can guacamole record web application through http/s protocol?

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 10:28 AM xiaochao <xi...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> "There are many products that already accomplish these goals without
> actually
> recording the exact screens the user is seeing." Could you give me some
> recommendation? Thanks!!

Palo Alto Networks
Barracuda NgFirewall
Juniper
Untangle
CacheGuard
pfSense (Squid)
Squid
mitmproxy

The first few are commercial products.  For open source solutions, Squid is
probably the most common and is integrated with many other products.  It
can do both forward and reverse proxying.

-Nick

Re: Can guacamole record web application through http/s protocol?

Posted by xiaochao <xi...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 4:49 PM xiaochao <xi...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your reply. "I think this would be a killer addition."

You're certainly welcome to use the Guacamole code to build your own
solution that includes this, but the Guacamole Project will not be adding
it, as it is considered out-of-scope for the goals of our project.

> "There are plenty of other software products out there that do this", but I
> do really wonder which one can record the screen?

Why do you care to have the actual screenshots/images of the browsing
session recorded?  Usually for monitoring web traffic it is sufficient to
just record the URLs that users visit, and any data that is passed between
the user and the web server (either up- or down-loads).  There are many

Posted by xiaochao <xi...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 4:15 PM xiaochao <xi...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Guacd support protocol like vnc and rdp. Is it possible it also support
> html?

No, the project has made a decision not to try to implement HTTP(S) proxy
support.  There are plenty of other software products out there that do
this, and Guacamole can be used in combination with those, but the purpose
of Guacamole is to provide support for common remote desktop protocols, not
proxy all types of traffic.  See the following JIRA issue for further
discussion:

> and Guacamole also support web application screen record?

Guacamole supports recording sessions for all of the protocols that it
supports, and playing them back or encoding them into a video.

-Nick