Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ricardo Rocha <rb...@netcabo.pt> on 2002/05/17 06:05:16 UTC

date serialization

   I have a method in a web service which receives as an argument a
java.util.Date...

   My client is in .NET and the generated WSDL is this:

<complexType name="Date">
<complexContent>
<extension base="xsd:dateTime">
<sequence>
<element name="Hours" type="xsd:int" />
<element name="Minutes" type="xsd:int" />
<element name="Seconds" type="xsd:int" />
</sequence>
</extension>
</complexContent>
</complexType>

    The thing is .net is not able to understand this WSDL and as far as i
understood the error it is generating a class with only the hours, minutes
and seconds field, which leads to an error when trying to convert it to a
System.DateTime class in .net!!

     I'm thinking of having this passed as a string but if there is a way
to have it automatically serialized to a dateTime field, it would be better...

    Thanks in advance
         Ricardo Rocha