Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Juan Manuel Bellina <ju...@yahoo.com> on 2005/02/11 19:50:37 UTC

Is it posible to insert a new line in a xml tag to change the view of a PDF file

For example if I have the following xml tag:

<rtcontacto>Proveedor:0000063310
O. ARIAS Y CIA S.A.

Contacto:
PILCOMAYO 848
(1824) -LANUS OESTE
BUENOS AIRES - ARGENTINA
Fax: 4209-2556</rtcontacto>

I want to show in my PDF file with a new line between
"O. ARIAS Y CIA S.A." and "Contacto:" but when I see
the pdf file I see:

"Proveedor:0000063310 O. ARIAS Y CIA S.A. Contacto:
PILCOMAYO 848 1824) -LANUS OESTE BUENOS AIRES -
ARGENTINA Fax: 4209-2556"

How can I insert a new line to make the view diferent
as in the xml tag.
Thank you,

Juan M.

Re: Is it posible to insert a new line in a xml tag to change the view of a PDF file

Posted by The Web Maestro <th...@gmail.com>.
I think what Juan wants to use is white-space-collapse="false":

====
http://xml.apache.org/fop/fo.html#fo-preformat
Preformatting Content

Sometimes it is desirable to retain linebreaks and hard spaces, and to
get preformatted text to pass through without being changed. The XSL-FO
specification provides some properties for this: white-space-collapse
and linefeed-treatment. In FOP, use white-space-collapse="false" on an
enclosing block.

Warning
Due to a bug in current versions of FOP, setting
white-space-collapse="false" will also preserve line breaks in the
text. Do not rely on this behavior, as it is non-conformant and will be
changed.
====

Cheers!

Web Maestro Clay

On Feb 11, 2005, at 10:52 AM, Yakov Shafranovich wrote:
> Use <fo:block/>
>
> Juan Manuel Bellina wrote:
>> For example if I have the following xml tag:
>> <rtcontacto>Proveedor:0000063310
>> O. ARIAS Y CIA S.A.
>> Contacto:
>> PILCOMAYO 848
>> (1824) -LANUS OESTE
>> BUENOS AIRES - ARGENTINA
>> Fax: 4209-2556</rtcontacto>
>> I want to show in my PDF file with a new line between
>> "O. ARIAS Y CIA S.A." and "Contacto:" but when I see
>> the pdf file I see:
>> "Proveedor:0000063310 O. ARIAS Y CIA S.A. Contacto:
>> PILCOMAYO 848 1824) -LANUS OESTE BUENOS AIRES -
>> ARGENTINA Fax: 4209-2556"
>> How can I insert a new line to make the view diferent
>> as in the xml tag.
>> Thank you,
>> Juan M.

Web Maestro Clay
--
<th...@gmail.com> - <http://homepage.mac.com/webmaestro/>
- HH The 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet

Re: Is it posible to insert a new line in a xml tag to change the view of a PDF file

Posted by Yakov Shafranovich <Ya...@solidmatrix.com>.
Use <fo:block/>