Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by hari ks <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2009/07/10 20:57:34 UTC

how does PageElementFactory, ComponentPageElement/instantiatorSource etc.. work?

hi,
   What is the sequence of flow between PageElementFactory, ComponentPageElement/ComponentinstantiatorSource etc.. and other important classes to understand the render phase..

Is the render phase alone responsible for all rendering (JSF seems to put everything in one object and loop through various phases)

thanks & regards,
Hari Sujathan

Re: how does PageElementFactory, ComponentPageElement/instantiatorSource etc.. work?

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Em Fri, 10 Jul 2009 15:57:34 -0300, hari ks <ha...@yahoo.com> escreveu:

> hi,

Hi!

>    What is the sequence of flow between PageElementFactory,
> ComponentPageElement/ComponentinstantiatorSource etc.. and other
> important classes to understand the render phase..

You can download the Tapestry source, put some breakpoints on them and
them debug an application.
But why do you need to undestand the render phase in such a deep detail?
Aren't http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5.1/guide/rendering.html and
other docuemntation pages enough? Just curious, as I work with Tapestry
daily for almost 2.5 years and never needed to go that far. :)

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago