Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Gregory Chase <gc...@pivotal.io> on 2015/06/19 22:54:20 UTC

A bit more detail about the upcoming @ApacheGeode Hackathon

Greetings contributors,
Now that it's leaking out, I wanted to give a tiny bit more information
about an upcoming virtual hackathon for Apache Geode sponsored by the
Pivotal Open Source Hub community.

The Hackathon is called "Ambitious Apps at Amazing Scale - a hackathon for
Apache Geode".

The goal is to generate as many interesting example applications for Apache
Geode as possible.

We have some cool prizes planned - more on those when the details are
announced.

The Ambitious Apps at Amazing Scale hackathon details will be announced at
a Meetup in SF on 6/28 to kick off the In-Memory Computing Summit.
http://www.meetup.com/Pivotal-Open-Source-Hub/events/223356680/

The hackathon winners will be announced on 7/23 towards the end of the
OSCON conference.

All work will happen virtually.

One important thing to mention is eligibility.  Employees of Pivotal
Software, their household members, employees of Pivotal customers -
according to their company gifting policies, employees of any government
agencies are not eligible to win a prize in the hackathon contest.

We are still determining from which countries residents will be eligible to
participate.

We are looking for volunteers in the capacity of judges and technical
tutors.  If you are an experienced Pivotal GemFire or Apache Geode user,
and fall into one of the above ineligible categories, we'd love to have you
as a volunteer!

--
Greg Chase

Director of Big Data Communities